Saturday, April 12, 2014

Destination

Darkness kept pulling me to the side,
Swaying my emotions left and right;
Away from the eternal light,
Strategically then ripped me open wide.

Confused was my being of state,
Believing all this a part of fate;
Unknowingly rejecting the reality at bay,
When things were supposed to be clear as day.

I wanted to stitch back what was once torn,
And concluded till then a mask had to be worn;
For truth cannot be always shown,
The skills of deceit I have to hone.

For this world that carries hate and love,
Both of which are bound to each other;
And picking one side isn’t always about fitting the glove,
But some nights it even gives me the shudder.

Finally I have approached the shining lights,
And now I am balancing the equation;
Looking back at all my fights,
The journey was equally worth the destination.

2 comments:

Richa said...

So glad to read something new from you. Good going Vivek :)
I like!

Anonymous said...

nice