Monday, October 22, 2018

Dad

I’m sorry dad, for not being a better son,
I’m sorry that I took you for granted;
If only I knew that you were the one,
The pillar in my life is now slanted.

I promise to uphold your teachings,
And pray that you find peace;
Now that you rest in eternal slumber,
My heart has lost its piece.

I wish we had more time together,
But now I cry in despair;
Even if I tell god it’s not fair,
In me you’ll live on forever.

It’s not easy anymore to be without you,
But the choices I have are none;
First steps you taught me now lets me run,
To get a dad like you I’m one of the lucky few.

I’m proud to have you as a father,
I know you loved me much;
I’d trade few years with you rather,
To spend some time as such.

Your blessing and love is keeping me strong,
I’ve learnt now where I belong;
Thanks for being the guide and light,
You have given me magic and might.

No comments: